As with all our liturgical publications, the Pocket Book of Hours is printed with black text for all that is read or chanted, and red for all rubrics and instructions. It is illustrated with line art throughout.
The Pocket Book of Hours
The Midnight Service and the Hours
in a Handy Pocket-Book Form
With this pocket edition, we present the faithful with the text of the Midnight Service and the Hours as printed in our Great Horologion in 1997, in the same format as our Pocket Psalter printed in 2007.
Our Prayer Book for Orthodox Christians, first printed in 1987, includes the Morning Prayers, Small Compline, Vespers, Matins, and Divine Liturgy: all that was missing for the full cycle of daily services was the Midnight Service and the Hours.
Taken together, our Prayer Book and this Book of Hours now provide the full cycle of daily services in a convenient format for personal use
176 pages, Smyth Sewn, Hard Cover
4 x 6 1/2 inches
Printed Two Color on Mohawk Via Laid Paper
Order from our secure online store
The Midnight Service includes the forms necessary for its performance on Weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
The Hours includes:
• the Hours with their Mid-hours, and variants needed for use in Great Lent
• the Typica both as used in Lent and outside of it
• the Antiphons for daily use in the Divine Liturgy
• The Prokeimenon of the Epistle and Alleluia of the Gospel for every day of the week, and common Prokeimena and Alleluia for Saints
• The Cherubic hymns used in the Liturgies of St John Chrysostom, St Basil the Great, St James, and the Presanctified
• The Service of the Refectory
• Prayers for the Midday Meal